Cardiovascular Medicine, Public Health, Stanford News, Videos, Women's Health

Either you’re a woman or you know one: Help spread the message of women’s heart health

Either you're a woman or you know one: Help spread the message of women's heart health

If you’re not a woman, I bet you know a few who you love. Heart disease, although typically viewed as a man’s disease, happens to be the number one killer of women. The disease affects women of all backgrounds and ages and, because symptoms show themselves differently in women than men, women are often misdiagnosed.

It became clear to us that most women don’t think that heart disease will affect them, but the statistics show otherwise. Women’s Heart Health at Stanford graciously collaborated with Liat Kobza, my colleague, and me to create this video.

We hope the video will spread far and wide, so please share this with all the women you love and help save lives.

Previously: A focus on women’s heart health, Understanding and preventing women’s heart disease and Gap exists in women’s knowledge of heart disease

2 Responses to “ Either you’re a woman or you know one: Help spread the message of women’s heart health ”

1. Chris Titus Says:

Thank you. I will certainly pass this on to friends and family. Wonderful piece.

2. Patsy Heath Says:

My friend, Amy’s son, is a film maker. He did this wonderful piece. I am passing it on to all the women in my life.