Image of the Week, Research, Stanford News, Stem Cells

Image of the Week: Neurosphere sending out processes

This otherworldy image depicts a neurosphere composed of neural precursor cells as captured by a fluorescent microscope. The photo comes from the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) Flickr photostream. According to the CIRM photo caption:

The cells, allowed to attach to a substrate, have begun to send out long processes that will eventually become the axons of the mature neurons.

This week, eight Stanford researchers received a total of $10.3 million in grants from CIRM to support basic research projects focused on stem cell science. The awards were announced as part of more than $38 million allocated to 28 projects in the state stem cell agency’s fourth round of “Basic Biology” grants. Stanford’s recipients of the Basic Biology grants are described in our release.

Photo by Martin Pera, PhD, University of Southern California

One Response to “ Image of the Week: Neurosphere sending out processes ”

1. Camillejane Says:

Thank you Dani Yeah, I wish I would have known this stuff in my younger years! So gfeuartl I know it now! Thank you for your comments. I have received many comments on how nice my website is. Thank you for YOUR contribution :0)