In late September, Stanford dedicated the new Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge. The five-level, soaring red-roofed center is the medical school's first new education building in 50 years.
With that dedication in mind, this week's image illustrates the medical school's history. Above is an image of Cooper Medical College, the original home of the School of Medicine. Cooper Medical College was adopted as Stanford's School of Medicine in 1908.