We're pleased to announce the arrival of several new Scope contributors, all from the news office at Stanford Hospital & Clinics. Joining John Sanford, who has previously written for Scope, the new writers are:
- Todd Holland: A documentary filmmaker who is always looking for the human element in a story. His work highlights the unique stories of patients, physicians and staff.
- Robyn Horn: Her interests include diet and nutrition, sports medicine and autism.
- Liat Kobza: Manages SHC's social media communications channels. She's interested in the use of social media in healthcare and health issues affecting older adults.
- Gary Migdol: Manages the hospital's day-to-day integrated communications efforts. He spent 25 years in sports communications before coming to SHC and is interested in sports medicine and the impact of exercise on overall health.
- Sara Wykes: Came to Stanford with nearly 25 years of experience as a reporter for the San Jose Mercury News. Now she writes about clinical care, with a special interest in neuroscience, cancer, quality and safety.
- Paula M. Zimlicki: A published poet and author of articles that appear in The Endometriosis Sourcebook. She has a special interest in healing arts as therapy, menopause, and autoimmune diseases.
We look forward to their blog entries!